Support for Students with Diagnosed Emotional, Medical, and/or Learning Differences
This program is directed by a certified Special Education Teacher and provides assistance to students and parents in a variety of ways to support student success. There is an additional fee for participation in this program; see RCA Tuition and Fee Schedule for more information.
FLEX Program Goals:
1. Provide families with a plan to maximize the success of their child’s academic year at RCA.
2. Collaborate with teachers to create and implement appropriate accommodations and individualized modifications for each child’s needs.
3. Establish attainable goals for each student with frequent checks for mastery, so they can monitor their own success and celebrate their achievements.
Below are some of the specific services provided by our Learning Specialist:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of individual accommodation plans
- Hold meetings with students, parents, teachers as necessary regarding student progress
- In-class support, particularly with Math and English classes
- Pull-out testing and tutoring as necessary (individual and small group)
- Assistance with skills such as organization and time management
- Be the liaison between teacher and parent for students to get necessary supplemental resources such as notes, study guides, etc.
- Ensure all psycho-educational testing is current (within 3 years) and coordinate updating as needed